WordPress has a huge collection of premade plugins available at WordPress.org. Part of my WordPress services include installation and minor modifications of those premade WP plugins. They add great functionallity to WordPress. So if you feel like WordPress may not do everything you need it to by default, you may want to look into additional plugins.
WordPress with eCommerce Shopping Carts
If you are looking to extend WordPress and use it to sell products, there are eCommerce and shopping cart plugins available. I am experienced in setting up and customizing these WordPress eCommerce plugins. I currently recommend the wp-e-commerce plugin.
WordPress with BuddyPress Community Plugin
BuddyPress is a premade plugin that turns your WordPress website into a social networking platform. It promotes a community atmosphere with member lists, groups, forums, member profiles, and more. I install the BuddyPress plugin and create custom themes to work with it.
WordPress with Photo and Video Galleries
There are also WordPress plugins which can add photo and video galleries to your WP website. Whether you just want to share your family snap shots or if you are an avid photographer, WordPress combined with video and photo gallery plugins can be just what you need. I can install and customize them to your needs.
Custom WordPress Page Layouts and Modifications
A lot of people still think of WordPress as a “blog application” and nothing more. This is no longer true. WordPress is a wonderful and robust content mangement system, but only if you have a developer who knows how to make the most of it. By default, WP is fairly basic. I can turn your WordPress site into a custom website with tons of helpful tools. Here are just some of the customization options available:
- Custom themes with unique graphics making your WordPress website look like just that… a custom website, rather then a WordPress website.
- Custom blog displays including sort by specific categories, most recent x posts, display on certain pages only, and custom exerpts.
- Embedded Flash animations
- Widget customizations
- Pages that display various combinations of page and post content.
- Integration of email marketing applications like Constant Contact.
- Custom sidebar sizes, layouts, and functions.
If you have ideas, but they aren’t covered here, please contact me. Most likely it’s something I can make happen.